CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Great Grandfather

Well , Thursday I had recived a letter from my great gradmother, Telling me she wanted me to come see her and bring my babies and that my Papaw was turning 89 Thursday the 19th of June. Well we were heading to camp when I recived the letter so I didn't think to call ... But I was telling my husband that I wanted to go see them the following week. Well Monday I had plans on coming back from the doctor and decided I was going to get the kids and my nephews and take them to see Mam-maw and papaw. well when I got home thats when I heard the news that my Papaw had shot and killed himself at the age of 89 years old. I do not know what happened or why he did this . It was a shock to alot of people. He called 911 before he did it and told them he was going to kill himself and that his wife was in the bed asleep. I love my Papaw. I know that I didn't go see them like I should have. But, I know that he knew how much he meant to me. We burried him today and he is there with my daddy well 1 space above and over from my daddy. So it made it even harder and brought back alot of memories.

1 comments:

David Courington said...

So sorry to hear about your great grandfather. It is really hard to give a loved one up under those circumstances. We will be praying for you.